My proven strategy for increasing authentic followers on Pinterest
I gained almost 5,000 new followers in my target audience in 3 months!
Step by Step Instructions on How to Use Pin4Ever
3 months ago I started using a service called Pin4Ever to increase my real Pinterest followers. I couldn’t be more pleased with the results, I’ve increased followers in my target market and the process is mostly passive. It doesn’t take away from other important tasks I need to accomplish to grow my business.
*Affiliate links are included in this article. Everything I recommend I have used myself and have found value in.
Pinterest: from <650 to 5,000+ in 3 months
How I use Pin4Ever for Pinterest
Pin4Ever is a Pinterest plugin that can only be used in the Firefox browser.
I use Pin4Ever for one feature only which is the power follow. It requires the premium plan that costs $49.99/year. After you install the plugin, you will see this on the top of your browser in FireFox:
- To follow pinners: in your Firefox browser, navigate to the Pinterest profile page of who you want to copy followers from (someone in your target market).
- To unfollow pinners: once you are ready to start unfollowing pinners, you will need to be on your own Pinterest profile page.
**you must have the correct Pinterest profile page pulled up in your browser before proceeding to the next step**
- Under “power tools” (in the picture above) you will select “power follow” which will pop up a new screen that looks like this:
- Setting parameters for filters: when I am copying someone’s followers, I set the pin parameters from 200 to 1,000,000 and followers from 200 to 1,000,000. The reason for this is because you do not want to follow a ton of accounts that are not actively using Pinterest. Set your filters before proceeding to the next step.
- Press “follow pinner’s following” above the filter options and the system will filter out the pinners that meet the criteria you selected.
- Below the pinners there will be a box to set how fast you want to follow or unfollow, I use 15-second increments. Press the “follow/unfollow” button and the operation will begin.
- Unfollowing pinners: when you are ready to unfollow pinners who didn’t end up following you back, I set the filter parameters from 0 to 1,000,000 pins and 0 to 2,000 followers because I do not want to unfollow influencers in my target market regardless if they have followed me or not.
I let power follow run on my computer as I work. Once I have followed a few thousand people, I wait a few days to see who has followed me back, then I start the unfollow process. I repeat this process every week.
A special note on follow/unfollow limits: While I have not been penalized for using the power follow by Pinterest, I encourage you to read the Terms of Service for Pinterest and to use your discretion when deciding what works best for you. I have not found any information that indicates that Pinterest marks an account as spam for this. I strongly recommend abiding by the rule of following no more than 300 pinners per hour. If you use the 15-second increment feature on the power follow screen it comes outs to 240 new pinners per hour.Follow key people in your target market on Pinterest with @Pin4Ever! #socialmediatips Click To Tweet
My Top Resource Recommendations
Social media is just one aspect of growing a successful blog platform, these resources helped me turn my blog into a business.
Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook this course leads you through the setup process for a blog, strategies for monetization, social media, and list building. I found the video tutorials in the master package particularly helpful. I wrote a detailed review that you can read here: Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook Review
The Knowtbook is a fantastic value for a wealth of information on how to blog, market your blog, use affiliates and many other topics. It is written by veteran blogger Amy Lynn Andrews. I refer to this daily and the best part is Amy keeps it updated with new materials almost every day because she uses Workflowy to host the information. You can’t beat the price of $24 for a resource that is continually updated!
Looking to increase your social media followers on other social networks? This is what I do on Twitter and Instagram.
For more of my favorite resources check out my resource page for blogging and freelancing.
Pin it for later!