Let’s just say week 1 did not go as well as I had ambitiously hoped it would. I am optimistic week 2 will be better because I have made some changes to set myself up for a successful week. I know this week is going to be long and tiring. I have to go into the office every day because all of our executives and field reps are coming in. Going into the office increases drive time and leaves me less time at home to get things done. It also takes away my 2 lunch hours that I use to run. I am prepared to conquer this week and make it successful!
This evening I did major grocery shopping (healthy foods which were not stocked in my cabinets last week) and I will be packing our calorie counted lunches this week and I have dinners all planned out.
What Happened in Week 1
- I forgot to bring Plexus with me to the office so I only took it 4 out of 7 days, it is packed in my work bag already for tomorrow!
- Plexus Slim “the pink drink” I thought was absolutely disgusting on day 1 but by day 4 I don’t dread it as much and I can swallow it much easier
- I ran on both my lunches when I worked from home but did not get my third day in this weekend
- I absolutely did NOT eat well and that is why I have not lost any weight (I also didn’t gain)
Conclusion: I have improvements to make for week 2
Goals for Week 2
- Pack lunch and Plexus the night before
- Prep the next evening’s dinner if necessary
- Log calories in MyFitnessPal
- Run Monday, Thursday and Saturday
Weight Loss Apps
Since I have been using weight loss apps since 2010 when I lost the most significant weight to date, I’ve learned a few things about weight loss apps that I do and do not like.
- Zen Labs C25K: This is an 8 week Couch to 5k app that I used this spring. It is consistent, easy to share on social media, and has a reliable music player built-in that actually plays what I ask it to. Cost: FREE
- MyFitnessPal: This app is the best I have found for tracking calories. Enter your height, weight and realistic weekly weight loss goal and it gives you a custom calorie count. Between this app and Zen Labs C25K I lost 25 lbs this past spring. Cost: FREE
- RunKeeper: I use this app to track my runs outside. It has been the most consistent with GPA accuracy and the share on social media settings are easy as well. My record on there goes back to 2010 and it tallies all the miles I have ever run outside and also tells me my best records. You can also set up notifications to have your phone remind you that you should be running at a certain time. You can log other workouts from the gym on the treadmill, elliptical, bike, etc. I tried Map My Run and didn’t like it nearly as much. Cost: FREE
- The Active Network Couch to 5K: The reason I am reviewing this one is because I just downloaded it for the 9 week 5k running plan. I cannot say I am a fan. During my first workout, I spent 15 minutes changing settings to make the screen stay on so I could see where I was in the workout, the music stopped playing more than once and it kept playing a different playlist than the one I picked. Needless to say I was annoyed and I am switching back to Zen Labs C25K. Cost: $1.99
I’m looking forward to a much better week 2 and a positive update at the end of the week!