Pin Practical Masterclass is a Pinterest course for bloggers and online entrepreneurs. Pin Practical Masterclass shows you exactly how to grow your email list by leveraging the power of Pinterest.
On March 29, 2016, I set out on a mission to grow my blog traffic through Pinterest. I invested in Tailwind and never missed a single day of scheduling my pins for almost 5 months.
My Pinterest account was rapidly growing during this time and my blog traffic started to take off. Except, there was one problem…what exactly was driving traffic to my blog doing for me?
I didn’t monetize through ads or sponsorships and a 30-second pageview wasn’t helping me make money.
That’s when it hit me, driving traffic to my website is only the first step in mastering an effective Pinterest strategy.
The real secret behind Pinterest is the action your Pinterest visitors take after they arrive at your site.
Pin Practical Masterclass teaches you how to drive traffic to your website and how to grow your email list using Pinterest.
The number one key to success with Pinterest is consistency. If you put in the work to set up your Pinterest strategy, you can easily spend less than an hour a week maintaining your strategy while driving hundreds (if not thousands) of new email subscribers per month.
I’ve seen it happen with my own business and in several of my Pinterest client’s businesses too.
I’ve been in business for almost 2 years and have always known that Pinterest would be a smart platform to utilize for business-building since I work specifically with moms, but I avoided it at all costs because learning a whole new social media platform was totally overwhelming and intimidating to me. Then I came across Monica’s ‘Pin Practical’ training and decided to give it a whirl. I can’t believe I avoided it for so long! Monica does an amazing job of breaking down not only the strategy of maximizing Pinterest for business, but she simplifies the technical aspects in a way that made it so simple to set up and maintain! Not only that, she couldn’t have been more helpful or responsive whenever I had specific questions. After going through her course, I now feel totally confident in the best ways to use Pinterest and have weeks-worth of pins scheduled out so it doesn’t take over my life. I couldn’t be happier that I’ve finally learned how to utilize Pinterest to grow my brand and my business… and I owe it all to Monica!
~SARAH ARGENAL, Certified Personal Coach at Working Parent Resource
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Grow Your Email List with Pinterest
Pin Practical Masterclass shows you exactly how to implement and execute a Pinterest strategy for growing your email list.
Step 1: Set up Your Pinterest Business Profile and Rich Pins
- Sign up (or convert your personal profile) for a Pinterest business profile
- Set up Rich Pins <– how to video
Step 2: Rank for the Right Pinterest Keywords
- Use Pinterest search to find popular keywords in your niche
- Make a spreadsheet with all of the keywords that you want to rank for in search results
- Use targeted keywords in your Pinterest profile name, profile description, board titles, board descriptions, text overlays on your images, and pin descriptions
Step 3: Create Clickable Pinterest Images
- Create vertical-only images for Pinterest with a minimum dimension size of 735 x 1102 (tip: I use the free online software Canva to create all of my pins)
- Use your target keyword in your text overlay (make sure your text overlay is readable on mobile devices)
- A/B split test your images to see what works best
- Make it easy for other people to share your blog posts by installing Social Warfare (affiliate link)
Step 4: Apply to Targeted Pinterest Group Boards
Group boards allow you to leverage the pinning power of other people by being a member of their group board. Download my free Pinterest group board spreadsheet broken down by niche to help you get started.
Step 5: Automate Your Pinterest Strategy with Tailwind
Step 1: Sign up for Tailwind (affiliate link), an API-approved Pinterest partner.
Step 2: Install the Tailwind Chrome Extension
Step 3: Set up board lists. Board lists are a way for you to organize your boards and your group boards into “like” categories.
Step 4: Set up your pinning schedule. I recommend starting with 20 pins a day.
Step 5: Schedule pins using the Chrome Tailwind extension. Utilize the interval scheduling feature to make sure you are not “spamming” multiple boards with the same pin.
Step 6: Review your pinning schedule
Bonus tip: Pin Practical Masterclass comes with TWO FREE MONTHS OF TAILWIND!
Step 6: Drive Pinterest Traffic to Your Email List
- Have a call to action on every blog post for subscribers to sign up to your email list
- Create a dedicated opt-in page for your email sign-up and create a pin that goes directly to that page
Examples of optimized posts/pages for Pinterest:
Create a Strategic Pinterest Marketing Plan with Pin Practical Masterclass
Pin Practical Accelerate is a 9-day challenge that will lead you through the exact steps you need to take to build a thriving Pinterest presence…
with absolutely NO FLUFF!
Pin Practical Accelerate is a straight forward guide and the perfect primer for building your brand on Pinterest.
- 25-pages of no-nonsense, practical advice
- 3 video tutorials
- 2 supplemental spreadsheets
- Daily emails to keep you on track
- Lifetime updates
- $27 towards the purchase of my advanced Pinterest course, Pin Practical Masterclass
Pin Practical Masterclass is a 13-video, self-paced course that shows you how to leverage the power of Pinterest for growing your email list.
I’ll see you on Pinterest!